Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Daddy, Where are you?

This blog post is going to be all mushy and about my husband, so don't say I didn't warn you...

Ray left for Texas last Thursday. Some nerdy convention goes on every year (Apparently it's huge) and it can better his skills used for work, and so they send him every year. He geeks out and loves going, while I get super jealous and hang out at home. But, in all honesty, he deserves this trip.

A couple of days ago, I pulled the trash can out of the closet to take the trash out and froze.
'When was the last time I took the trash out?' I thought to myself. I stood there and scrunched up my eyebrows just trying to remember. THAT'S just how long it has been since I have taken out the trash myself. It's not because I let the trash overflow or anything like that, but because my husband is so awesome that he takes it out without word before it can even get to that point. The same goes for the recycling bins every Tuesday (which I put on the curb this morning, and contemplated whether or not I was supposed to break down the boxes myself?) and the big trash can on Wednesday. I'm pretty sure the only thing he doesn't do automatically is the diaper pail, and I think that's just a man thing, haha.

He does so much more than the trash, of course. In the past week I've often wondered how happy I was being a single mom when it was just Carly and I. Of course, I was working then whereas this week it was just me and the kids hanging out at home but still. I don't know how military wives do it. Ray's not only my husband, but one of my best friends. Watching shows off the DVR wasn't the same. Renting a movie from Redbox wasn't the same. Grocery shopping wasn't the same. Even sleeping in my big king size bed, with one cat snuggled at my side, one cat at my feet, a toddler at my other side, and a dog at HIS feet, and it was still lonely. (Not to mention to soft snores of my pre-pre teen on the other side of the room!)

I have a pretty great husband, and he's a pretty awesome daddy. Wesley has asked the 'Where's Daddy?' question a lot the past few days, and the first thing Carly asked me when she came home yesterday was "How is Ray liking Texas?" Both will be happy to have him home.

Tomorrow morning :)


No comments:

Post a Comment