Thursday, September 30, 2010

Exhaustion.

I am used to being sleep deprived, but this is a little much. Last night, we took Carly to spend the night at my mom's house, knowing it was going to be a long night. Because of the general anesthesia, Wesley was forbidden from milk after midnight, and clear liquids after 2 am. Ray and I woke him up a little before 12 and he ate four ounces, and then slept until 4 am. I was so paranoid I didn't fall asleep until after 2, then up at 4 while the little man cried, and cried. He was so hungry and so mad I wouldn't feed him. Ray got up and helped, and we got ready and got to the hospital at about 5:30. Wesley was such a trooper, was all smiles and so happy up until about 15 minutes before 7. The doctor finally came and got him at about 7:15, and 20 minutes later I could hear the baby screaming. We got back there and Wesley was crying cries I've never heard before, it was so sad! It took us an hour to get out of recovery, and he has been pretty fussy all day. Hopefully tomorrow he will be back to his sweet self!
Carly was very concerned for her brother, and wanted to make sure he was going to be okay. She is the only one who can make him smile without even trying. Such a sweet big sister!

The other night I applied for a job at Best Buy. Why? I don't know, honestly. They called me today and want me to come in for an interview tomorrow. It would be nice to have some extra money around the holidays, but I'm not sure how I feel about leaving the baby. I like being able to put him to bed, and like being able to just devote time to him, Carly, and the house. Nothing is for sure, of course, but I will know more after the interview tomorrow.

I am too tired to think of anything else to write. I am just hanging in so I can watch the new Grey's Anatomy, and then I am off to bed!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment